Marketing is not simply a significant part of business success but it is the business. It is important to note that almost everything in the business depends upon marketing. The overall marketing umbrella covers public relations, publicity, promotions and sales. Marketing is a procedure by which a product or service is promoted and introduced to prospective customers. Without marketing, the business may offer the best services or products in your industry, but none of the prospective consumers would know about it. In addition, without marketing, sales may collapse and companies may have to close.
Adam Quirk talks about the importance of marketing
Adam Quirk is a renowned private investigator from Wisconsin who has more than fifteen years of award winning experience in security management, criminal investigations, drug diversion investigations, background checks, and violent crimes investigations.
He says that marketing can offer several advantages to the business such as:
- For a business to be successful, the service or product it provides must be known to prospective buyers. By using marketing strategies the business will be known in the community and have communication with the customers as well.
- Marketing is very useful in exchange, transfer, and movement of goods. Goods and services are made available to customers through various intermediaries’ such as wholesalers and retailers etc. Marketing is helpful to both consumers and producers.
- Adam Quirk says that in the modern times, with the emergence of latest marketing techniques even the inferior sections of society have attained a sensible level of living standard. This is essentially because of large scale production and lesser prices of services and commodities. Marketing has in fact, modernized and revolutionized the living standard of people in contemporary times.
- Marketing is multifarious mechanism involving several people in one form or the other. The major marketing functions are selling, buying, transport, financing, risk bearing and warehousing, warehousing, etc. therefore; marketing gives employment to numerous people. It is estimated that about forty percent of total population is indirectly or directly dependent upon marketing. In the contemporary era of large scale production and industrialization, role of marketing has broadened.
- The performance of marketing function is all important, as it is the only way through which the concern could generate income or revenue and bring in profits.
- The concept of marketing is dynamic. It has altered altogether with the passage of time. Such changes have far reaching effects on distribution and production. With the fast transform in preference and tastes of people, marketing has to get a hold of the same.
- Marketing also promotes an environment in the market for strong completion. Advertising efforts get the word out on cost of services and products, which not only arrives at the proposed customers, but also arrive at other companies contending for the customers’ business.
Even though marketing is tremendously important for a business to succeed, it can also be very costly. Therefore, it is very much important to choose the right kind of marketing professional.